April 21, 2009

And Then I Set Fire To A French Toast Stick

It still smells like burning.

Last night amidst the chaos of looking for a neighbor boy that never made it home from playing at our house -and his Mom still hasn't called me to let me know all is ok so I will be calling the school today (it's a much longer story that I can't tell here)- I was readying my own children for bed and making a little snack for Noah and cooked it a bit (ok a lot) too long.

Smoke BILLOWED out of the microwave and I had to run the fan and open all the doors and windows and almost evacuate.

And oh that poor French toast stick.

I had to take it out back and, well, let's just say it's in a much better place now.

My Mom was following me on Twitter and emailed me worried. I called her and she first wanted to know if the microwave was ok. Yes, Mom. And so are we! Just kidding. She asked about us, too. After hearing the microwave was ok.


Oh and remember that contest Ivy was in? Well, thanks to YOU, she won!!


Subscribe to my blog here
Twitter me- I'm babysteph

27 comments:

  1. I'm glad she won. I voted. At first I was going to vote just to be nice...but she really WAS the cutest baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    Let us know about the neighbor boy, I was praying last night. I mean, just let us know he is okay. Not the part you can't get into!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Ivy! I voted for her too and I feel the same way as Alyson. I truly felt she was the cutest baby. I think it's because she is undeniably one of the cutest babies ever.

    Please let us know when you find out that the little boy is ok. I know you can't share details but I couldn't stop thinking about it last night.

    Oh and I am glad your microwave is ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...too funny, I do stuff like that all the time! Congrats to Ivy..Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a proud momma you must be. Darling, just darling!!

    PS- I do stuff like that all the time. I had a party at my house and apparently left the gas on the stove. I told them (jokingly, of course) that this was much cheaper than alcohol and I told them I was thrifty :) Thankfully someone smelled the gas and alerted me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an evening! I was following your tweets about the neighbor boy; praying that all is well.

    Congrats to Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooohooo! I knew she had that contest in the bag from the get-go. No really! She was absolutely the most adorable.

    Anyway...glad to hear you guys were ok. hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes. I hate nights like that. I hope all is well, and I totally understand "relationships that are complex and unbloggable".

    And Congrats, Ivy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the little boy is OK!

    I burnt pizza bagels in my Mom's microwave, a long time ago. It was horrible! The smell & the smoke seemed to linger forever, lol. I'm glad you & the microwave are OK.

    Congrats to Ivy! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Ivy! She really IS the cutest baby girl. That look on her face is priceless.
    I hope the neighbor boy is ok. It's very sad that the mom didn't call back to let you know he was safe. She should feel very thankful that there are neighbors like you who watches out for her child. Sorry I asked about the microwave first but I knew you guys were ok. I do love you more than a microwave! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Ivy and I really hope the neighbor boy is okay. That is really scary. And as for the burning I once put a glass dish on a burner that was still hot - can you say explosion? It took forever to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Ivy!!! That picture is so super adorable I can hardly stand it! And yes, I've put the glass dish on the stove top as well . . . not a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew she's win!

    How rude of that Mother not to call you and tell you if the child made it home!

    I'm a bit relieved there are no neighborhood kids my son's ages around here. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am SO excited she won! Ivy is a little star! And I am glad to hear the microwave is OK, too :) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to Miss Ivy!

    Keep us posted on the neighbor boy. Between that and the french toast stick, it sounds like an overly eventful evening. I hope he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not at all surprised that Ivy won! Can't wait to see the cute photos and clothes you'll get.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on Ivy's win!
    Poor french toast stick!
    I had a similar situation a few months back that involved setting my oven on fire with a magnetic bag clip (it stuck to the back of my cookie sheet and melted).
    Hope the neighbor boy is safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO glad your microwave is okay, oh and you too! ; ) Poor, poor French toast stick...

    Congrats to Ivy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to Ivy! That is a great picture.

    Don't worry we all have kitchen/microwave incidents to share.

    Glad your microwave is OK. I had to throw one out before because they burnt smell would not go away. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for Ivy!!! She is absolutely gorgeous.

    I was following your tweets last night wondering if the boy is okay, as well. I haven't been online much this morning, so I'm sad to hear that you still don't have any news. I will be praying.

    And just about an hour ago, my husband melted the bread bag to the front of our toaster oven. I don't even know ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous! I'm so glad she won! I voted for her! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, what a crazy evening!! i hope all is well with your little neighbor!

    and, YaY IVY!! she totally was the cutest little one entered in the contest :) they were all absolutely adorable and sweet but there is just something extra special about little ivy...

    xo,
    erika

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so glad she won!!!! I definitely voted for her, I'm so happy for you!

    I am so PO-ed that mom didn't call you back to update you!? What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  24. how could that sweet girl not win?!?! Also, good to know that french toast sticks respond to too much microwaving much like a 3simple Noble Roman's breadstick...much smoke and burning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome for Ivy winning the contest!

    Oh... and I feel for you, it sounds like you had a night like we have around here sometimes. Hope everything is ok with the neighbor boy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on Ivy winning! She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hooray for Ivy!
    And poor you with your french toast stick on fire. I blew up a microwave once OVER A DECADE AGO and we still haven't replaced it. No microwave for me, apparently.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is gonna totally make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...