Amy at Crunchy Domestic Goddess has sent me some interview questions…
1) Steph, you have built yourself a very successful blog here. Congratulations. :) To what do you attribute your success?
Thank you. I really started this blog to just randomly jot down my thoughts and feelings, and before long I realized that there was a growing community of bloggers just like me. As soon as I started getting comments and visited other blogs, it all just grew from there! Also posting regularly and participating in the different blog carnivals and fun goings-on really get your blog noticed! I do think that when 5 Minutes For Mom had their big Blog Party earlier this year, my blog readership grew and I met so many wonderful bloggers!
2) You are one of the baby wearing queens. Please tell us about your all-time favorite carrier for a toddler.
My current favorite way to wear Gray (now 2 years old!) is in the mei tai front or back carry. It’s convenient and comfortable, and easy to nurse in!
3) As a mom to three children, you've gained oodles of hands-on experience and wisdom over the years. If you could share any parenting advice with an eager mom-to-be, what would it be?
I always say, go with that gut feeling, the Mommy instincts. You have to weed through the parenting books and suggestions you’ll get from doctors, family, & friends, and just go with whatever works best for you and your baby. I would also advise every Mom to give breastfeeding a very good try, and also to be well-informed about vaccinations and medications.
4) Your faith is obviously a big part of your life. How did that come about?
I grew up going to church, but in my early twenties completely realized my soul’s need and desire to live a life for Christ. It’s the basis for my marriage, my life as a mother, and as a strong, influential woman. Our faith was stretched and tested greatly during Noah’s illness, but it was also that faith in God that kept us hanging on. Every day is a new step of faith!
5) Let's say you are going to be stranded with your family on a deserted island for 90 days. What 3 things would you take with you and why?
Oh my, I am never good at questions like this! I’d say the computer, a bunch of books, and a really nice hut to live in! (Assuming we’d have plenty of fruit to eat on the island!)
Now it's your turn. If you want to be interviewed, leave me a comment including the words "Interview me." I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don't have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.