1. Before we left for the show we had the boys look around their playroom.
“See all these neat toys? You have a lot, don’t you?”
The kids nod their heads.
“Remember this when we are at the show tonight.”
Believe me this comes in handy later!
2. If you get there early and decide to go to your seats, now is a good time to eat if you plan on eating. Bringing your food to your seats when the show starts in the dark with two kids and a baby is not the right time.
3. Be prepared to spend a fortune on said food.
4. Be aware that the food you do bring back to your seats must fit in your lap or in both hands while the rest of your row decides to leave as soon as you sit down to eat your food. And then when you get all settled again, be aware that the rest of your row will decide to just come back and sit down again.
5. Napkins. Remember lots of napkins.
6. Trying to eat with a squirmy 11 month old on your lap or in a baby sling is pretty much impossible.7. Especially if he can't eat what you are eating.
8. Remember snacks for squirmy 11 month old. (I did remember I had packed some finally just before the show was over, but it was handy for those last few minutes.)
9. Bringing a squirmy 11 month old is not recommended.
10. Nursing a squirmy 11 month old in cramped seats is not very comfortable for mom and/or baby.
11. Do be ready to watch the delight and wonder on your child’s face more than you watch the actual show.
12. Remember where you parked and which entrance you came in. This may seem obvious, but, um, just take our advice.
13. Remember it all. Don't forget a thing, and I don't just mean the kids. I mean take a moment or two to breathe it in and savor the family time and togetherness. It's a good thing. Be thankful.
And speaking of Ice...
Ice cream, that is.
Be sure to stop by Cold Stone Creamery from 5-8 tonight for free ice cream!